Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Beautiful Heart Charity Kit

In honor of my sweet 4 1/2 yr old son, Josh, I'm organizing a Charity Kit called, Beautiful Heart, to help raise money for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. He was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, a digestive disease, on his 3rd bday. Since then I have made it my mission to raise money for the CCFA, a non-profit group, that raises money for research & education programs for children & adults faced with these diseases.

I need YOUR help! I'm hoping to find designers willing to donate a bit of their time to help create pieces for the kit. If you are interested, please let me know! :)

I have set up a yahoo group for the designers working on the kit to gather: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beautifulheart/
xo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could design because I would love to help....this is a subject very close to my heart....my daughter was diagnosed with Crohns on her birthday also - her 18th birthday....the day our world and our lives changed forever. She has had several resections and finally a total color removal....still struggles...
anyway, you see very little about this disease - especially in the fund raising department - if there is anything I can do to help I sure would.

Lauren said...

Thank you SO much for stopping by Karen! I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter.....wishing her healthy days to come! (and strength for you too!)

Nonscrappers can help by buying the kit ,of course, hee hee or even just putting the word out there! I really try to do a lot to raise funding for the CCFA...and I know that every penny helps!
oxox

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
After surfing, not even sure how I ended up here, but I did. I am a fellow digi scrapper and new designer. I joined the yahoo group and made a contribution. I hope the cause you are working for receives many more contributions!

Anonymous said...

I would love to help out with this, I am a free lance Graphic Designer and would love to contribute something, what do you need for this??

Lucy Marino
Dotsvision@comcast.net

Lauren said...

Anyone interested can go right to the yahoo group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beautifulheart/

Thanks!
xooxo